Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Eight random facts about me

Catherine at Poverty Barn tagged me with this meme, so here goes. Yes, I am way behind with my memes, among other things. Catherine tagged me with another meme some time ago, as Yoga Korunta, and both look juicy, so here's hoping I get around to them soon.

  • I have road prissiness. Let others take out their rage on their fellow drivers; I choose to point out faux pas in a more dignified manner. When a tailgater is riding my ass, I employ several useful gestures. For example, holding up my hands and shrugging lets the offender know that I can't go any faster than the car ahead of me. Pointing at the speed limit signs as we pass them is another way to impart my wisdom.

  • I hate the word "panties." Think about it. Think hard. Kinda creepy, eh?

  • I'm a collection of acronyms (but aren't we all?). I'm an HSP INFP with ADD, to name just a few. But please don't try to label me — I hate that.

  • I have a rare and exotic condition: dermatographism. You word lovers can easily figure out what that means.

  • I loathe mayonnaise.

  • I frequently experience synchronicity. See my last post for an example. Here's another: last night I was writing a thank you note to a friend, and I used the word "carom." The spelling looked off, but I was too lazy to look up the word, figuring I'd do that in the morning. When I got in to work today, one of the first items in my mail box was an e-mail from Doctor Dictionary with my word of the day, which was "carom." Did the doctor read my mind, or did I read hers?

  • I sing in my car like a cheap Vegas lounge act.

  • One-sixth of an avocado is a serving size? I find that laughable. The correct size is one avocado, in its perfect, nubby little package. On veggie tostadas, sliced into a salad, or sprinkled with salt and lemon juice and eaten right out of the shell — any way you slice it. Bonus fact: I love salt. Truly, deeply and with great loyalty. If I ever develop high blood pressure, I'll cut back, but until then, I will sprinkle insouciantly.



7 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger L-girl said...

Nice facts! Thanks for sharing.

I am mildly dermatographic, and didn't know there was a word for it. Good to know.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

I like salty snacks and use sea salt when cooking. And Margaritas. But most of all, I like panties!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Pointing at the speed limit signs as we pass them is another way to impart my wisdom.

;) HA HA!

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger oldwhitelady said...

Interesting! I rarely use the word, "panties", too. Underwear sounds more ahem... ladylike?

I think Dr Dictionary read your mind:)

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Crabbi said...

Hi friends!

Sorry for my prolonged absence. One of these days I will have to quit saying that...

L, We have yet one more thing in common :) Isn't it cool that your skin condition involves writing? Very fitting!

YK, Um, eew, you said that word. But I'm with you on the salt. Yummy, yummy salt.

Say hey, Gypsy!

He did, OWL. And underwear indeed sounds more ladylike. I'm such a lady ;)

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Alicia Morgan said...

Hi girlfriend! I'm back, too! Got my book done and am now somewhat among the living. Glad to see you are, too!

and ADD rocks!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Mistress of the Post said...

I also hate the word panties. If you say it aloud it makes no sense and just sounds wierd!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home