Eight random facts about me
Catherine at Poverty Barn tagged me with this meme, so here goes. Yes, I am way behind with my memes, among other things. Catherine tagged me with another meme some time ago, as Yoga Korunta, and both look juicy, so here's hoping I get around to them soon.
- I have road prissiness. Let others take out their rage on their fellow drivers; I choose to point out faux pas in a more dignified manner. When a tailgater is riding my ass, I employ several useful gestures. For example, holding up my hands and shrugging lets the offender know that I can't go any faster than the car ahead of me. Pointing at the speed limit signs as we pass them is another way to impart my wisdom.
- I hate the word "panties." Think about it. Think hard. Kinda creepy, eh?
- I'm a collection of acronyms (but aren't we all?). I'm an HSP INFP with ADD, to name just a few. But please don't try to label me — I hate that.
- I have a rare and exotic condition: dermatographism. You word lovers can easily figure out what that means.
- I loathe mayonnaise.
- I frequently experience synchronicity. See my last post for an example. Here's another: last night I was writing a thank you note to a friend, and I used the word "carom." The spelling looked off, but I was too lazy to look up the word, figuring I'd do that in the morning. When I got in to work today, one of the first items in my mail box was an e-mail from Doctor Dictionary with my word of the day, which was "carom." Did the doctor read my mind, or did I read hers?
- I sing in my car like a cheap Vegas lounge act.
- One-sixth of an avocado is a serving size? I find that laughable. The correct size is one avocado, in its perfect, nubby little package. On veggie tostadas, sliced into a salad, or sprinkled with salt and lemon juice and eaten right out of the shell — any way you slice it. Bonus fact: I love salt. Truly, deeply and with great loyalty. If I ever develop high blood pressure, I'll cut back, but until then, I will sprinkle insouciantly.